Login / Sign up
> > > Welcome House of Thule!

Messages in topic: Welcome House of Thule!
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11395
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/20/10, 3:51 PM

Ya good timing in some ways... The patch they are doing shouldn't be too much an issue however.
quijano

Nbr post: 2
Register: 7/8/10
Posted: 10/21/10, 7:17 PM

is this why my magelo sync is not loading ?
Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 10/21/10, 9:56 PM

Yep.

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
Krysta

Nbr post: 50
Register: 11/8/01
Posted: 10/22/10, 3:08 AM

So, do we have a new ETA? You know we have no patience! lol

EverQuest
Krystae Lunalupus - 95 Wood Elf Druid <Loyal Rebellion> - The Rathe

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Pandorae - 50 Chiss Sniper - Grand Master Zym

WEBSITE
Talanie Glacierwind

Nbr post: 1
Register: 3/14/02
Posted: 10/22/10, 2:28 PM

Boy, what a time for me to renew my subscription! So, the character sync is not working?
Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 10/22/10, 4:39 PM

Jelan has already stated that Subscribers will be compensated for the delays.

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
quijano

Register: 7/8/10
Posted: 10/23/10, 12:40 AM

whats the current status, eta of fix ?
pusin

Nbr post: 1
Register: 4/2/05
Posted: 10/24/10, 7:13 AM

Hello Magelo team i appreciate all the work you guys have to do to get magelo patched to to work with house of thule and loads of stuff to add etc.I have not used magelo for about 4 years and i came back to see lots of things changed now as i did not have premium and you guys was offering a 10 day trial i thought i would try it out again but after accepting your trial period i found out that magelo was down, this is a bit of a problem as there is no way to manualy add a character it looks like my trial period will run out before i even get to test the new stuff to see if i want to return to being a premium member. I look forward to being abble to test your new features out but i would like to say is there a way you guys can patch magelo so that you can manualy add a character for times like this when patching magelo takes some time im sure if you guys put a poll up and see how many members would vote to have this ability added im sure you will get a huge response. ok enough rambling hope you guys @magelo get this up and running asap so i atleast get 1 or 2 days of my trial to experiment with many thanks keep up the good work all looks good so far
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11395
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/24/10, 7:31 AM

Patch incoming in a few(<8) hours ! The website will be likely down for about 2-3 hours.
Anarelion

Nbr post: 4
Register: 11/7/06
Posted: 10/24/10, 7:47 AM

Think that there has been a MAJOR change to inventory system, and that is a pain in the ass. LOL i just suscribed a bit after thule, and patience Its hard to debug / learn this things.. very hard.
SingSang

Nbr post: 63
Register: 8/7/02
Posted: 10/25/10, 12:26 AM

Hey Jelan,

I'm not usually of the nag variety, but, given that we're now well beyond 2x the last estimate you gave, perhaps it's time to reset expectations again?

I do software for a living myself, so I "get it" that more surprises come up, but it's always good to reset expectations if you miss.

Masked
Premium User

Nbr post: 77
Register: 5/13/01
Posted: 10/25/10, 12:57 PM

...I gotta say, I was originally #14 when this service came out...I KNOW most of you...and have always supported you guys 100% but, lately...It's getting hard.

Weeks between syncs...Right now it's been a week+...You guys gotta light a fire, soon.
SingSang

Posted: 10/25/10, 1:21 PM

For my part, I get that this is basically a shoestring operation, and that it's happening between other things such as a day job. And, with that in mind, I'm generally tolerant of things being broken for a bit when something major like an expansion happens. Thing is, set an expectation, and then do your best to live up to it. The moment it becomes clear you're not going to live up to that expectation, be up front and set a new expectation as best you can. OK, some serious bug has come up you can't figure out - say so. I can deal with it - I just have issue with being told to expect something at a particular time and then just getting silence. "I'm sorry, there were other issues and we're now thinking xyz timing" is fine, but at least say something.

Zerfa

Register: 2/5/06
Posted: 10/25/10, 4:17 PM

Jesus - You guys need to chill out. They are providing a pretty cool service. Let the guys do what they need to do and quit asking for due dates. If you're not happy, go use eqplayers! They already spoke about subscriptions and being compensated for the delay.

SingSang

Posted: 10/26/10, 3:17 AM

The question of "when" is still a fair one.

The good news is that things are back up - thanks!

BTW: Very slight low priority bug.

Seen on both IE 8 and Chrome (maybe others - only tested these two): Progress bar for AA xp renders below the oval it's meant to fit into instead of inside it.

Very low priority, but saw it so figure I'd point it out.since you're clearly into the visuals (and do a damn nice job at them).