Login / Sign up
> > > 10 Slot Inventory and New Bags? (Done)

Messages in topic: 10 Slot Inventory and New Bags? (Done)
Vhalois

Nbr post: 46
Register: 7/22/02
Posted: 12/11/10, 10:24 AM

When are we going to see support for The HOT 10 slot inventory and the larger bags that EQ has introduced over 6 weeks ago?

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11388
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 12/13/10, 2:18 PM

I gonna work on that soon but right now you can access all your inventory using the inventory tool already.
Rexcillius

Nbr post: 14
Register: 4/6/04
Posted: 12/21/10, 11:06 AM

The inventory tool sucks too much bandwidth right now. With three accounts on the same server with mulitple toons per account this tool is not an option as it is now.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 12/21/10, 12:07 PM

It does not take that long to load your 2000 items and bandwidth shouldn't be an issue nowadays. However I agree that I would be useful to jump to a given character inventory directly, I will see what I can do to address that.
Carnon
Advisor

Nbr post: 194
Register: 3/27/08
Posted: 12/26/10, 8:06 AM

so... any ETA on when your gonna allow all 10 primary slots and all the slots in our bags up to 20 from our main magelo? I am sure you guys had a lot of work with this last expansion.. but come on.. this should of been fixed already.

Now the Inventory tool may be nice to use for self use.. but some people like to show off stuff in their inventory, and I gave up on moving my stuff around just so it shows up on my main profile.

CaRnon the Cleric
Township Rebellion
Luclin Server

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
d2frm

Nbr post: 48
Register: 7/19/04
Posted: 12/28/10, 1:05 AM

Give them time to change things. It isn't just the regular on-character inventory bags that need adjustments to 10+ slots. With any chance you'll also have quite a few 10+ slot bags in the bank, all of them will need to be displayed properly.

Some smartphones don't even have copy+paste out of the box, imagine that.

Semi-retired warrior of Povar
Carnon
Advisor

Posted: 12/28/10, 4:48 AM

yeah I understand that its just not the normal display bags, I just figured they would of had enough time to work on the bag issue since HoT came out... now yes I am complaining about this issue but over all I love magelo profiles, I just wish this problem would be taken care of.

and your excuse for them is that because some other products suck its ok for them to not hold their product to an higher standard and accept a unfinished product as something that they believe is good enough for public use...

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Carnon
Advisor

Posted: 1/11/11, 1:11 AM

still no ETA? you guys need help? im looking for a job atm 8(

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 1/13/11, 3:54 AM

Hi Carnon,
Really sorry to keep you waiting about this feature. At the moment, we are exploring different ways to handle that and we will keep you posted as soon as possible. This is more a matter of offering something useful for all. So no worry we will get back to you in the next few days!
Thanks for your patience
Carnon
Advisor

Posted: 1/21/11, 2:13 AM

ok... I am sorry if I seem inpatient. I just thought it would be an issue or adding 2 more boxes to the profile and then changing the graphics of bags to be either 8, 16 or 20 slot bags? Apparently its not that simple. Sorry...

-CaRn

CaRnon the Fabled Cleric
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 1/25/11, 11:47 AM

Hi Carnon,

No worry, you have the right to sound impatient and I guess we should communicate more what are our plans regarding those bags and the 10 inv slots.

When we first came with the profile for EQ, 10 years ago, I mixed 2 different things in one area. The idea of the profile is a space that let others see your character and its "achievements" in details. So the profile is aimed at your friends, your guild mates or whoever is interested by your character.

Back then we didn't had the inventory tool so I end up putting the inventory and the bank in the profile itself so the owner of the character could actually browse his items.

Now that we have a dedicated tool which is so much more versatile at showing and searching your items, I believe it's time to remove those from your profile. We checked our database and the vast majority of premium users hide their inv/bank and the vast majority of regular users don't bother at all maintaining manually their inv and bank.

There are however 2 valid cases where it is desirable to be able to show some/all your items to others somehow.
  • If you are using a character as a guild mule, you would definitely want to let your guild see your items, but ideally, only your guild, not something the current system can handle. We are working on the guild inventory tool that will handle that for you.
  • Showing off some items that you don't necessarily equip anymore but are nonetheless quite an achievement and you are particularly proud of. The current system can somewhat help you if you make sure you organize your bags every single time you sync. It is quite an hassle and most of you don't bother trying. So what will happen is that we will use some of the inventory space to create a trophy case where you can simply choose which items from your inventory/bank you want to show off. And no matter where they are, they will stick to the same position in your profile.

Ideally I would also like to take this opportunity to bring the achievements to Magelo and feature your latest ones in the profile where the money/bank window is located at the moment.
FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 2/8/11, 3:29 AM

I have been using you guys for years. If, however, you remove the option to view the items in my bags from my profile, I will be cancelling my premium and going with the profiles on the everquest site.

It has been a few months since HoT came out. There is no excuse for not having this working.

I need to know an update on if you are going to get this up and running.
sparrowhawk

Nbr post: 84
Register: 1/17/03
Posted: 2/8/11, 3:06 PM

Good luck with that one Fariona, you know they dont work AT ALL on eqplayers right ?

FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 2/8/11, 9:45 PM

Actually I went and looked at it after I left this site last night. My larger bags are showing fine as well as the gear in them
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 2/8/11, 9:52 PM

Hi FarionaSG,

Could you elaborate on why you feel the inventory in the profile is the right place to be beside because it used to be that way ? We are not trying to change things for the sake of changing things, with bags getting bigger, it just highlights even more how cumbersome it is to browse your items one by one in the profile where the audience usually will only bother on your equipped items (from an item point of view).