Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo has been patched

Messages in topic: Magelo has been patched
Hurrin Stormbeard

Nbr post: 6
Register: 5/21/02
Posted: 5/2/07, 8:15 AM

My premium service start date is the same as my registered date - 21May02. I have not yet been charged for another year NOR have I received a reminder email that my service is due to expire. I only have the SINGLE Magelo account since the only online game I play is EQ (no EQ2).

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11401
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/3/07, 6:18 AM

HI Hurrin, i just checked our records and your last payment was made the 2006-03-11, add 1 year and 3 weeks and you got your expiracy date : 2007-03-4
Leighah

Nbr post: 4
Register: 8/12/06
Posted: 5/13/07, 6:50 AM

My magelo will not show my character when I log in. I deleted Java and Magelo and reinstalled both.My subscription isn't up until September of 2007 so that shouldn't be an issue.
start eq and log in your character
start Magelo Update and minimize it
right click on it in the systray and choose "Copy log to clipboard"
paste the log here with CTRL+V
(tried doing this and it wouldn't paste)
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 5/13/07, 7:52 AM

Have you tried clearing your java cache as indicated in a post earlier in this thread?
Lias

Nbr post: 247
Register: 10/13/02
Posted: 5/18/07, 2:41 PM

> A first step toward the guild tools will be pushed live too.

Any ETA on this? At least a roster of the type removed last December?

A bare bones roster would at least allow me to see which guild members are missing. I can then request that they run MU. That adds them to the rankings system.. and everyone gains. As things stand, the number of toons reported by the rankings system is dwindling every day. Some point and use it as evidence that EQ and Magelo is dying. I reckon it's largely because old profiles are being "aged out" (I see guild members dropping off the rankings and then get added back when they run MU). Identifying who needs to run MU via a guild roster would help me to help Magelo.

FaelianFV

Nbr post: 3
Register: 3/18/07
Posted: 6/4/07, 8:58 PM

Stupid question, but how do you re-install Magelo Update? I've been having the same problem as nearly everyone else, with the updater refusing to run from the desktop anymore. It does run for me from the website, however. I uninstalled it, and cleared my Java cache and temporary internet files. Now I just can't figure out how to Magelo Update back on my desktop. =/ If I run it from the website, it doesn't give me any option to save it permanently.

Any suggestions?

Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 6/5/07, 2:43 AM

When you "run it from the web site" you're really placing a copy in your java cache then running it from there. It's supposed to reconstitute the desktop shortcut but maybe you have that ability disabled. You can do it manually. Take a look in the FAQ: do Help -> browse (under FAQ) -> click on 'How do I manually create a Magelo Update shortcut?' for instructions.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Deckmar

Nbr post: 12
Register: 7/1/04
Posted: 6/6/07, 3:45 PM

With the patch of EQ today I am sure everything will be messed up even more than before patch but I have tried every suggestion on the boards to fix the problem I am having with veiwing any profile in Magelo.

I have emptied all caches , deleted and did a clean magelo download and all the other tips. The last thing I did was to start Javo from Run and got this under my Java console

was suggested in an early post under this topic to run Jave direction using this
javaws http://eq.magelo.com/mu/magelo-update.jnlp

THis is what I got
exception tab
CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could not load file/URL specified: http://eq.magelo.com/mu/magelo-update.jnlp]
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

wrapped exception tab

java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://eq.magelo.com/mu/magelo-update.jnlp
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpUtils.followRedirects(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doGetRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

console
Java Web Start 1.6.0_01
Using JRE version 1.6.0_01 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.GATEWAY-GGBLDKT
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
p: reload proxy configuration
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
        1. Java Web Start Error:
        2. Could not load file/URL specified: http://eq.magelo.com/mu/magelo-update.jnlp

I have no clue what any of this means. I have been unable for a month now to use view magelo properly. I guess my profile has updated correctly when I have down it but hard for me to tell.

Please please help me fix this problem.

Deckmar

Deckmar Lyfesaver
Shards of Time
Vanlor

Nbr post: 30
Register: 6/29/06
Posted: 6/11/07, 6:10 AM

Ok, I have tried the clearing java cache method to no avail. Still get the EQ updated recently message. I am running vista, but have the run as admin enabled. I am using Firefox 2 also. Do I need to delete cookies in Firefox also?
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11401
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/11/07, 6:26 AM

Looks like you were both able to sync your characters lately so it appears you fixed your issue with Magelo Update isn't it ?
Vanlor

Nbr post: 30
Register: 6/29/06
Posted: 6/11/07, 12:14 PM

Me? My last sync was the 28th of May, before the latest patching. I have gained 2 levels and changed a fair amount of gear, so was wanting to update.

Last night it worked... I changed nothing. The only thing I can think is that I needed to restart EQ; before I was doing all of the deleting temp files/re-downloading etc. while waiting on spawns.