Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo Update 3.0.22 out, JRE 6 is now required

Messages in topic: Magelo Update 3.0.22 out, JRE 6 is now required
Phyron

Nbr post: 3
Register: 12/16/02
Posted: 4/4/07, 12:47 PM

i kept getting the unable to launch error and here is how i fixed it maybe it works for others too this way:
  • deleted all magelo
  • removed Java 5 and 6
  • reinstalled java 5 - now the chace was showing old magelo stuff that wasnt shown in java 6
  • cleared the java cache (of java 5) and browser cache too
  • tried to launch magelo update from the webpage - at least with java 5 it started upgrading magelo even tho it didnt work. but i now had magelo in java 5 cache again.
  • rightclick in the cach on magelo and create a shortcut on the desktop ... wee finally at least i had the magelo shortcut back :D
  • tried again to run but same result as before (after some updating i got unable to launch message)
  • reinstalled java 6 (didnt got the java 6 u linked but java 6u1 instead so updated java 6 (maybe this alone would have fixed the error?)
  • used my created magelo shortcut on the desctop now and now: weee it workes again :D

might wanna change u link to java 6 to a link to java 6u1 instead.
Tempra

Nbr post: 1
Register: 8/13/05
Posted: 4/6/07, 2:15 AM

updated new magelo...got the java...but my magelo still isnt working...

says " Everquest has recently been patched, Magelo update will be updated soon to support this new version"

Please Help! =)

Thank you.
nidoe

Nbr post: 2
Register: 4/5/07
Posted: 4/6/07, 3:57 AM

I have just subscribed (April 5, 2007) to the Premium version... and I am a newbie on using Magelo...

I have the same issue that it won't grab any character when I started the Magelo Updater. When run, it would say "EverQuest has been recently patched, Magelo Update will be updated soon to support this new version.".... and it will not load my characters.

I am the only user on my computer, so I am set up as Administrator already, i.e. running Magelo as Administrator.... so the suggestion of running MU as administrator in the above message does not work for me.

Any help would be appreciated......

Hope I didn't just wasted $24.95 for something I can't use.

Thanks.

p.s. I have the right version of Java (version 6, and no other version on the computer) and the new MU (3.022) and using Window XP home with SP2
Kainya

Nbr post: 16
Register: 10/1/01
Posted: 4/6/07, 6:22 AM

Generally takes a couple days to a week after EverQuest has been patched for MU update to work again. They don't get advanced coding or anything for MU sadly but no you did not waste your 25.00 well spent dollars. EverQuest was just patched this morning Just give it a few days I am sure Jelan and the bunch will have a fix up shortly

Rananena

Nbr post: 11
Register: 9/20/02
Posted: 4/7/07, 6:47 AM

I just uninstalled all versions of JRE, then downloaded and installed JRE 6 again. Prior to this, anytime I tried to play a video on my computer, the monitor would wig out and just keep flashing at me until the computer restarted itself. Now it no longer does that, but if I go to the Nickelodean website (my kids love that site) with IE......IE immediately locks up. (Btw Firefox used to do the same things as IE before I uninstalled all versions of JRE)

I personally use Firefox, but my wife and kids hate it and prefer IE. Prior to JRE 6 being mandatory for MU none of this happened. How do I fix IE for my wife and kids?

edit also, every time IE locks up it breaks Magelo and I have to install Magelo all over again.
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 4/9/07, 3:38 AM

Which version of IE? If IE 6, there's your problem. (I'm exaggerating a little, but it is buggy.) Perform Windows Update as many times as needed to bring your machine up to date, that will bring IE up to version 7.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Rananena

Posted: 4/9/07, 4:43 PM

Version 7.0.573.11
Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 4/10/07, 12:57 PM

That's the right version of IE. Now, are your video drivers up to date? What video card is installed?

Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Rananena

Posted: 4/10/07, 4:24 PM

I'm running a 6600 LE 256m card with Nvidia driver version 6.14.10.9371
Onetree
Advisor

Posted: 4/12/07, 9:50 PM

93.71 is the latest nVidia driver version, and you have it installed. (I'm assuming you installed it correctly.)

Do you by any chance have one of the new motherboards designed by nVidia that's based on the 680i chipset? If so, the instability you note can be caused by an outdated BIOS. Go here to obtain the hotfix.

aazadan

Nbr post: 2
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 4/16/07, 3:37 PM

I don't usually post here but thanks for the tip about reinstalling Magelo Update, that fixed it for me.
Dafloppy1

Nbr post: 24
Register: 3/13/03
Posted: 5/2/07, 4:05 PM

I'm not worried about Vista as that is something that will never enter my home much less be put onto my computer lol. If I weren't so lazy, I would remove Windows again and reinstall Linux (which is what I was running until I found out about EQ). There's a monthly fee for Cedega so you can run EQ on a Linux box, but I hate letting go of my cash =/

Cedega support for EQ is kinda disappointing - crashes all the time, along with graphics corruptions, etc. That's what I get for running closed-source software I guess. WINE support, however, is climbing. As soon as they get texture wrapping implemented in wined3d, I'm probably going to cancel my Cedega subscription.