Login / Sign up
> > > EverQuest patch

Messages in topic: EverQuest patch
Wyldb

Nbr post: 13
Register: 2/22/03
Posted: 10/9/07, 11:39 PM

Well, from a programmers aspect side of things. Great Job Gang, awesome site. As I hardly ever have any issues with "accessing" the site cause I blame everything on Internet Exploder, which is why I never use that stuff any more. Bad for your health and sanity.
Pullzem

Nbr post: 17
Register: 5/17/03
Posted: 10/10/07, 12:31 AM

Rmahnee, why do you feel it necessary to use two ID's to leave identical whines? Lolani's post caught flak for whining so now you're using another ID with the same complaint and misspellings.
You could always use the other competing service that works just as well....oh wait, there is none.
Megtonya

Nbr post: 2
Register: 9/11/04
Posted: 10/10/07, 12:37 AM

When will the patch take place...was said it was going to be today still hasnt happened as of yet, and no word as to what is going on for today.
Zinnigan

Nbr post: 9
Register: 2/7/04
Posted: 10/10/07, 12:50 AM

Since when is it wrong to complain about something? Everyone has a right to their opinion, those of you singing the praises of the people who run this program (whether deserved or not) are every bit as annoying as those who bitch. Everyone who uses magelo agrees it's the best program for what it does, and while downtime is to be expected with all the patches EQ schedules it does get annoying to find it down as often as it is up. Relax on both sides and wait for the fix. It'll be done when it's done. until then, find something else to complain about. Have a nice day )

Occam

Nbr post: 49
Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 10/10/07, 3:57 AM

There's nothing wrong with complaining (necessarily), but not if it's about something that no one has the power to change. It's not like Jelan can go to SoE and say "Look, all these customers are upset; can you start including me in your development meetings?". If you're going to complain, at least complain about something that can be fixed. Throwing a fit every EQ patch doesn't help anyone or anything.

I'm not saying I don't wish it was up more; of course I do. I'd also like to have the ability to fly, but I'm not going to cry because I can't.

Aala

Nbr post: 63
Register: 12/11/01
Posted: 10/10/07, 7:25 AM

No, the Magelo team can't get SOE to provide them their information, but they should be able to plan to start work on the changes when SOE finally schedule their patches. I'm very impressed that they managed to sort out the stuff after the AA revamp very quickly, but patches like the one last week should really not need anything LIKE this level of delay - there were only some UI changes and Tradeskill recipes (no perceivable impact to Magelo).
Xyndail

Nbr post: 4
Register: 2/9/03
Posted: 10/10/07, 8:45 AM

There is nothing wrong with complaints, as long as they have a valid reason and are well written.

Many of these posts have neither.

Rathsrants

Nbr post: 15
Register: 11/5/01
Posted: 10/10/07, 11:26 AM

There always is the option of updating manually till the auto-updater is patched... I just tend to wait because I want the little gold seal next to my name =D

Rathsilveraxe of Bristlebane
Voices of Chaos - Recruitment Officer
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11401
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 10/10/07, 1:11 PM

Just a little update guys, I am bit late, I am working on the final last standing issue we have, it should not delay us much more and you should definitely be able to sync your characters no latter than tomorrow.
Pullzem

Nbr post: 17
Register: 5/17/03
Posted: 10/10/07, 1:20 PM

I also like the "Authentic" emblem next to my characters. Not to say those without it are including items not really owned but it verifies that you aren't. I'm anxious this week because I had several days of good luck with 2 new items, 4 augs and 80+ aa's
Obocohc

Nbr post: 43
Register: 2/26/02
Posted: 10/10/07, 2:10 PM

Thanks for the update Jelan
Frunkmiester

Nbr post: 5
Register: 9/2/06
Posted: 10/10/07, 9:04 PM

Love Magelo and it's always updated much faster than Eqplayers. Thx for update Jelan and will wait patiently till i'm able to update my toon. For you whiners.....stop it!!!!

Akael

Nbr post: 18
Register: 8/12/07
Posted: 10/10/07, 9:18 PM

How about they stop whining when you stop groveling? You little zealots are just as annoying as the people who get pissy whenever there's a patch.
Occam

Nbr post: 49
Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 10/11/07, 1:51 AM

"No, the Magelo team can't get SOE to provide them their information, but they should be able to plan to start work on the changes when SOE finally schedule their patches."

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I'm sure they do plan to start work, but they can't actually start it until the patch takes place. I'm not privy to the details, but almost every patch will end up breaking MU, at which point they need to go in and figure out how the game is storing things anew. That's not the sort of information they put in the patch notes.

As for the accusations of "groveling" or being a "zealot"...I don't see anything I've said as being anything of the sort. I'd love for it to be up as much as you would, but recognizing that complaining about a necessary fact of life is futile does not make me a zealot, fanboy, or whatever else. I'm just saying...the same rants, about things that can't change, are getting old. And yet it happens every patch.

Cravin Dakelna

Nbr post: 28
Register: 11/15/01
Posted: 10/11/07, 2:55 AM

in the last week I have started getting messages that the System Cert from Magelo is expired. might wanna get a renewed Cert

Sage Cravin Has'Root
Arch Convoker