Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo update?

Messages in topic: Magelo update?
Ellyjoybell

Nbr post: 6
Register: 11/5/07
Posted: 11/23/07, 7:46 AM

It was stated that the MU would be working again by wednesday it is not Friday morning can we get a ture ETA as to when it will be working again
Shurlok

Nbr post: 4
Register: 5/13/02
Posted: 11/23/07, 11:35 AM

"It was stated that the MU would be working again by wednesday it is not Friday morning can we get a ture ETA as to when it will be working again"

Who didn't see THAT post coming? I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
Lias

Nbr post: 247
Register: 10/13/02
Posted: 11/23/07, 2:27 PM

I am surprised that the question was not posted on Thursday, or even on Wednesday (the day given to us).

Given that the Tuesday scheduled patch was followed by two additional server downtimes, including one with a new eqgame.exe, I was expecting a delay to the release of (MU + reworked website)

However, it would have been nice to be given a new ETA.

For me this is not about wanting my profile to show all my new gear. What I am most looking forward to is having MU start populating the database with some drop info for stuff like porous loam.

Zaidoc

Nbr post: 161
Register: 8/18/02
Posted: 11/23/07, 3:55 PM

Actually, they did try to pre-empt this question by letting us know it would take longer in the News & Announcements section with this post by Inoke, but the post was inevitable I suppose.

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
Mugwye1

Nbr post: 1
Register: 7/23/02
Posted: 11/23/07, 4:20 PM

It still would be nice to have a working product I paid for. I understand patches and all, but every other item collector out there is working just fine, and has been since late Wed night.

It would be nice for them to keep us updated (customer support) and offer to extend premium subscriptions, since we have not had the updater (what I paid for) for 2 weeks +.

fatbass

Nbr post: 20
Register: 9/6/04
Posted: 11/23/07, 6:29 PM

Well the update is there finally but whenever I load it, it does not have a check box next to my character allowing me to sync it. When I hover my mouse over it, it says "Magelo updating is waiting for server information about this character". This is a character that I already have registered in my game slots, is this a common bug?

xzaviar

Nbr post: 23
Register: 2/9/05
Posted: 11/23/07, 6:37 PM

Getting same error as above poster.
Pullzem

Nbr post: 17
Register: 5/17/03
Posted: 11/23/07, 7:45 PM

Same here...magelo patch is broken. My char's are listed but no checkbox next to their name means no sync possible.

Guess now we'll have to wait until Monday...seems like this would have been an obvious error to catch...doesn't anyone test these updates?
Vhalois

Nbr post: 46
Register: 7/22/02
Posted: 11/23/07, 11:06 PM

I was able to sync my main "Synidar" but some new items were missing graphics and he is listed as level 75 although he is really level 77.

Inoke
Advisor

Nbr post: 1182
Register: 1/27/04
Posted: 11/24/07, 12:17 AM

I'm running it and getting a checkbox just fine but as a PP stated the level is not correct when I sync despite being correct on the updater.

I let Jelan know what is happening and am waiting for a reply. Soon as I know anything I'll share with you guys.

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11398
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/24/07, 1:24 AM

Vhalois and Inoke, this issue should be fixed, please keep me posted.

As for the others having issue with MU, can you please re try and keep me posted as well ?

Thanks !
fatbass

Nbr post: 20
Register: 9/6/04
Posted: 11/24/07, 1:40 AM

I removed Magelo from Programs list in Windows, and redownloaded MU, and am still have the same issue.

xzaviar

Nbr post: 23
Register: 2/9/05
Posted: 11/24/07, 1:44 AM

I deleted Magelo from my computer.

I hit Mageo Update on the left side menu bar at the bottom.

I hit Launch Magelo update on the page that comes run.

I hit open with java web start launcher

Program started as usual.

I started EQ.

My character came up but there was no way to select him. This is my main character.

I got a message about trying to find character.

I was never allowed to sync although the program was picking up my char with all of his gear.

What other information do you need?
kazbar

Nbr post: 12
Register: 11/28/02
Posted: 11/24/07, 1:52 AM

Same here-reporting lvl as 75, etc...
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11398
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 11/24/07, 2:53 AM

Ok guys, thanks for the feedback, i will work on this later today, i keep you posted.