Login / Sign up
> > > Cannot Sync...again, still...

Messages in topic: Cannot Sync...again, still...
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11389
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/7/23, 9:34 AM

A very quick search that should points you in the right direction:
> https://help.eset.com/ees/7/en-US/how_release_connection.html
gentsia
Premium User

Nbr post: 11
Register: 10/6/03
Posted: 5/7/23, 10:33 AM

I spent a bit of time trying to see if windows defender was active (dont think so) and trying to find what is on ESET's block list.. It lets magelo.com come through...what is the magelo sync address? I added 'magelo sync' but not sure if that is right. When i tried sync again, still same error type
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/7/23, 9:07 PM

The 2 domains that should be allowed are:
  • magelo.com
  • magelocdn.com

Generally speaking you should simply let Magelo Sync make connections to the outside world. If you completely remove the rules for Magelo Sync, the next time you start it, ESET should popup and ask you if you want to allow / deny it. Simply click allow always and you should be good to go.
gentsia
Premium User

Posted: 5/16/23, 4:26 PM

After spending much time with ESET cu stomer service, and COMPLETELY uninstalling ESET, I cannot open Magelo sync with NO security software installed...
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/16/23, 9:04 PM

When you say "I cannot open", what exactly does that mean ? The program does not start at all ?

Make sure the one you are starting is "MageloSync64.exe" and let me know if you see any error whatsoever that could help understand what is happening now.
gentsia
Premium User

Posted: 5/24/23, 5:57 PM

Click Magelo sync, shortcut or from start button....get same kind of error message each time.

The launcher was unable to download a required file (/sync/launcher/18/sync.launch?18.1684965207272).

If it is the first time this problem occurs, try running Magelo Sync once again.

Go to www.magelo.com and check the forums for further help

In the blue logo part of this box in lower right corner it says network failure.

I get a similar(not necessarily identical) error reference each time.
Jelan
Admin

Posted: 5/25/23, 2:04 AM

Hi gentsia,

It means like previously that something like a firewall is blocking Magelo Sync. Everything is working fine on or end, the file in question https://www.magelocdn.com/sync/launcher/18/sync.launch?18.1684965207272 is being served and downloaded just fine if you try from your browser which is not blocked for accessing internet.