Login / Sign up
> > > Round table - Class key spells

Messages in topic: Round table - Class key spells
TobermoryTo

Nbr post: 43
Register: 1/3/03
Posted: 11/28/06, 8:02 PM

Dyfrin .. you seem to have some very odd ideas about what makes a bard useful. Ervaj Lost hasnt been raid changing since good old NToV days. But its still useful in some scripts. Yet you would include ervaj and totally ignore our resist buffs and debuffs? And our mez? Our pulling tools? Or have you not included them as they dont require a top-end raid to acquire?

Looking at your profile, I'd say you're hardly in a position to be arrogant about extended spell lists being a "waste of time" if they include anything other than top-end content.

Perhaps there are more people who will use magelo than just those wanting to advertise whether they have all their Rk3 runes from top end raids? Just maybe magelo is supposed to be something other than a tool to help raidleaders? Could it be that there are casual players out there too that (shock!) lack certain non-raid spells? Its nice to know that every one who isnt a "slacking" individual is going to have all their "bazaar junk" Rk2 spells. Why should magelo not reflect "personal responsibilit[ies]"?.
calliopeia

Nbr post: 60
Register: 7/4/02
Posted: 11/28/06, 10:30 PM

Tobermory, your point is good on A:CoP.

To derail just a bit, couldn't we just list all of the dropped/quested spells but put them in categories by expansion, like the AAs? I mean honestly, there are a lot of AAs that are junk once you've got raid gear and maxxed stats, but we found a way to show them without them being terribly cluttered.

Just another 2cp,
Calli
Tarrsik

Nbr post: 17
Register: 12/12/01
Posted: 11/28/06, 10:54 PM

Key Spells for Cleric would Be RGC
shocking how many dont have this simple to get spell... And yes its simple to get now!
falgurana

Nbr post: 9
Register: 7/29/03
Posted: 11/29/06, 10:30 AM

Two more for Enchanters:
Level 44 Leviathan Eyes
Level 52 Illusion: Guktan

Wynndogg

Nbr post: 8
Register: 9/30/03
Posted: 11/29/06, 10:57 AM

From a guild leaders perspective, there aren't that many spells I'd be worried about mages having to be usefull. I'd be concerned with group damage sheilds (regular DS, not the short term 4 hit versions), Pet auras, Water/Air/MSV/RS pets, possibly having the full malo line, Mod rods, CoTH, and that they have at least one rank of each direct damage spell and rain. So that would look like:

Monster Summoning V
Fickle Inferno (any rank)
Rain of Thunderbolts (any rank)
Circle of Magmaskin (any rank)
Summon Wintry Paradox (any rank)
Scalding Sands (any rank)
Shock of Silvered Steel (any rank)
Rain of Molten Slag (any rank)
Wand of Elemental Transvergence
Essence of Water
Bolt of Molten Slag (any rank)
Essence of Air
Malosinise (any rank)
Rathe's Strength
Raging Servant
Summon: molten orb
Summon: lava orb
Mass Mystical Transvergence
Call of the Hero
Earthen Strength

A guild leader might also like for mages to be able to summon arrows on certain raids. In the same vein, summoned clicky fixed invis is pretty key I would say, even if multiple classes can fill this role, especially since it has multiple charges now. Its certainly what I get the most tells for.
Summon Sphere of Air
Quiver of Marr

Now from a mages perspective, there would be additional spells I would consider key from more than just a raid persepctive. Pet weapons/gear, Pet buffs/heals, Mana regen buffs

Elemental Symbiosis (any rank)
Aegis of Calliav
Renewal of Aenda (any rank)
Granite Stance (any rank)
Summon Elemental Armaments
Phantasmal Warden (any rank)
Summon Plate of the Elements
Summon Muzzle of Mowcha
Iceflame Guard
Elemental Fury

Enomdar Theeffortless
75 Grand Summoner of Tunare
Transen

Nbr post: 43
Register: 6/24/04
Posted: 11/29/06, 11:20 AM

||Paladin||Spells
|TSS| Brell's Stony Guard, Armor of Unrelenting Faith, Challenge to Honor, Burst of Sunlight, Wave of Forgiveness
|PoR| Ward of Tunare
|DoD| Last Rites
|DoN|Guard of Righteousness ( I know it's not a spell but it IS a useful Discipline )
|OoW| Brell's Brawny Bulwark, Armor of the Champion, Crusader's Purity, Pious Fury, Silvered Fury, Wave of Piety
|GoD| Wave of Trushar
|LdoN| Remove Greater Curse, Guidance
|PoP| Shackles of Tunare, Brell's Stalwart Shield, Wave of Marr

Java: 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0-b105)
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.11

Qqnaua

Nbr post: 15
Register: 7/30/03
Posted: 11/29/06, 11:33 AM

Cleric -

Lvl 75
Elushar's Mark Rk. II / III
Hand of Tenacity Rk. II / III
Elixir of Redemption Rk. II / III

Lvl 73
Aegis of Vie Rk. II / III
Promised Renewal Rk. II / III
Sacred Light Rk. II / III

Lvl 72
Aura of Purpose Rk. II / III
Sacred Elixir Rk. II / III
@@ Ward of Reprisal Rk. II / III

Lvl 71
Sacred Remedy Rk. II / III
@@ Vow of Valor Rk. II / III

Lvl 70
Puratus
Desperate Renewal

Lvl 64
@@ Imbue Valor

Lvl 54
Remove Greater Curse

Lvl 51
Pure Blood

Lvl 45
@@ Blessing of Temperance

Lvl 40
@@ Temperance

Lvl 34
@@ Iony's Greater Cleansing
@@ Iony's Greater Exorcism

Lvl 33
@@ Iony's Greater Augury

@@ = These spells, while not important on a raid, are nice tools for a cleric to have and can help indicate how much time/effort has been invested in a character.

Qqnaua The Mithril Chef, Cleric of Noble Blade
Cleric gots hammer wif SPIKEYS!
baody

Nbr post: 36
Register: 1/22/04
Posted: 11/30/06, 9:40 AM

The problem I see it that raid leaders/recruitment officers/etc who might find this a useful tool, are going to have different requirements. A guild at the highest end of raiding might want to know how many Rk III runes the character needs. A family guild who does a little raiding on the side may only care if they have oow buff spells or better.

I've even seen people miss important vedor bought spells because they did not understand the utility of it or where short on cash that day and never went back.

So I guess I fall into the category of "List them all but sort them by lvl range or expansion". Among other arguments for this system, it will probably be less maintenance for the Magelo team in the long run as critical spells/disc change over time with expansions and new encounters.

Cerrena Sweetbuns - Halfling Warrior-Baker
Jerrimus

Nbr post: 12
Register: 7/3/02
Posted: 11/30/06, 6:20 PM

I don't really see the point in adding this personally. Why would you want to know if someone has a rk II spell? Its not like the difference between normal and rk II is the cure for cancer, and all normal 71-75 spells can be purchased. I'd rather see the rankings tuned more.

Minadin

Nbr post: 69
Register: 1/18/03
Posted: 12/1/06, 2:28 AM

Well, I would like to be able to see who in my guild has rank 2 or rank 3 spells, because, especially for buffing, your rank 1's won't write over a rank 2 won't write over a rank 3.

Fredorff

Nbr post: 25
Register: 1/31/02
Posted: 12/1/06, 3:00 AM

"Key spells" should be a lot more selective than these lists. Like, magician: CotH, Raging Servant, Mass Mystical Transvergence, done. Shm: RGC, Ghost of Renewal, done. Rng: chromo snare, done. Important, critical spells that not everyone will have.

Szilent Brohg Leeni Hotpants Fredorff Ninin Roarie Szilly Camraderry
Jerrimus

Nbr post: 12
Register: 7/3/02
Posted: 12/1/06, 9:37 AM

Wouldn't it be easier to add a note in the guild roster "missing rk II Hand of Tenacity?" Would be alot easier and faster than trying to window out and pull up a magelo link. If its an issue for a possible applicant, add it to your list of questions in the application, "Do you have <mucho important spell>?"

Dyfrin Deathseeker

Nbr post: 91
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 12/1/06, 5:43 PM

This thread was for each users input. I am not in a family guild, so thus I am not asking for what they would.

Or have you not included them as they don't require a top-end raid to acquire?

Yes. When runes drop on a raid, why do you need to see that they are missing their tradeskill spells, or some rk2 spell? The rest of comments I wont reply to here.

Keileen: Blood of Naddox on shaman is what I meant, my mistake couldn't edit it. PB is cleric counterpart in loy, useful for those levels. I intended to go back with better list after work, but alas the edit disappears after a few minutes.

I like calliopeias idea of maybe different grouping/pages of spells. The way clickies/focus is seperated?

[Dyfrin|javascript:channelProfile("eq",26510)]
Half-Elf Lyricist
pizzicato

Nbr post: 68
Register: 8/17/02
Posted: 12/2/06, 9:12 PM

For the Bard key songs I would have the below listed

Aria of Ascetism
Aria of Innocence
Ancient: Lullaby of Shadow
Ancient: Chaos chant
Ancient: Call of Power
All Rk3 songs

The reason being is that these all are quested with the exception of Ancient: Lullaby of Shadow which is while it drops it is a no drop item that requires effort to obtain. It also keeps the list to a managable level
moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 12/3/06, 6:57 PM

Druid spells that are pretty class defining (from a raiding Druid's perspective):

Level — Spell Name

52 Pureblood
54 Remove Greater Curse
61 Hand of Ro
64 Protection of Seasons
65 Sylvan Infusion
67 Immolation of the Sun
67 Nature's Serenity
68 Cloak of Nature
68 Chlorotrope
70 Ancient Chlorobon
70 Aura of Life