> > > The Buried Sea update

Messages in topic: The Buried Sea update
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 2/19/07, 10:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that Jelan is working on Magelo Update to make it work with the last expansion, it should be ready for tomorrow if all goes well. We’re also working on the new equipment slot and we will update the profile asap.

Thanks for your patience.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
Scaring Children

Nbr post: 12
Register: 8/15/04
Posted: 2/19/07, 7:00 PM

Isn't there suppose to be another patch tomorrow anyway?

>
Dilaya

Nbr post: 4
Register: 2/15/03
Posted: 2/20/07, 1:52 AM

NOT to be rude...But did you not know this exspansion was coming? and if you did why would you not update along with EQ? or do you have to waite to update untill it is realsed?

Just wondering...

Thanks

Dil
Occam

Nbr post: 49
Register: 2/14/02
Posted: 2/20/07, 2:50 AM

Jelan isn't an SoE employee...he has no way of seeing the changes until they make them.

Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 2/20/07, 5:21 AM

As Occam indicated, we do not know what changes SOE has made to EverQuest, until we have our hands on the expansion (or patch) - just like any other EverQuest player. And the checkup on the changes made to the game can only happen then. And only once the changes have been investigated can Jelan program them into the Update program and release it to the public.

It just takes a bit and changes with an expansion usually have a bit more impact than changes in an ordinary patch.
Ishaar
Advisor

Posted: 2/20/07, 5:30 AM

Expansions generally come with much more changes than a regular patch. It requires more work in our end to figure out what is what in the game's memory again.

Also, we often leave a couple of days gap before doing our searches because most of the time, the game will have a last minute fix, and that means, doing the work all over again.

I'm not aware that there's a patch tomorrow, anyone can confirm this?

Cheers!

Nilbus

Nbr post: 98
Register: 11/12/01
Posted: 2/20/07, 11:46 AM

Nothing specific has been scheduled regarding a patch, but devs have posted on the EQ forums that there will be one sometime this week. Not sure if it will change the exe though, it could just be content.

[Nilbus Oberlovyn|http:\\eq.magelo.com\profile\246758]
Master Tinkerer and Primal Elementalist - Tunare
Ishaar
Advisor

Posted: 2/20/07, 4:34 PM

Right, thanks for the headsup.

Cheers!

Nilbus

Nbr post: 98
Register: 11/12/01
Posted: 2/20/07, 5:53 PM

This just in, patch on the 21st. They are calling it "maintenance updates" but will likely get a data patch too.

[Nilbus Oberlovyn|http:\\eq.magelo.com\profile\246758]
Master Tinkerer and Primal Elementalist - Tunare
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11397
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 2/20/07, 7:27 PM

Thanks for the info Nilbus, i will wait for it then. I almost finished patching Magelo Update, i still need to test few things and we should be good to go. Tomorrow patch should not delay us much.
Jailia

Nbr post: 8
Register: 7/29/04
Posted: 2/21/07, 12:33 AM

It's no problem waiting for you guys.. You do an excellent job of keeping it up to date the best that you can with everything SoE throws at you. Thanks for everything!!

Dilaya

Nbr post: 4
Register: 2/15/03
Posted: 2/21/07, 1:46 AM

Thats cool.. My better half being more pationt than I and knows more about this kind of stuff also informed me on how it works. hehe.. thank you for filling me in.

Dil!
Malbro
Premium User

Nbr post: 44
Register: 4/6/04
Posted: 2/21/07, 10:59 PM

The MU comes up but it doesn't list the char I'm playing and the only way I can quit is to open the task manager and end process.

Malbro – Luclin(Veeshan)

Otsego

Nbr post: 33
Register: 11/29/06
Posted: 2/21/07, 11:11 PM

You can always click the X button in the top-right corner of the window instead of minimizing it.

Otsego Undead the Faydark Gatherer
Malbro
Premium User

Nbr post: 44
Register: 4/6/04
Posted: 2/21/07, 11:12 PM

Tried that, during play, and all it did was beep at me. Without EQ running it starts and closes normally.

Malbro