Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!

Messages in topic: Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 5/30/08, 2:56 PM

It's not a joke, it's not a dream; today we are proud to introduce our new World of Warcraft game channel. We did it!

After 7 years of servicing Everquest players with our best efforts, Magelo is pleased today to meet the WoW community! This is for us the beginning of a whole new story and we would like to take this opportunity, on behalf of the whole team, to thank you for your loyalty, trust, and support over the years.

You can access the WoW beta directly from http://wow.magelo.com or by clicking the tab at the top of the website.

The first phase of our WoW beta includes Magelo WoW profiles, a full database, and preliminary guild tools. A new Home channel will provide you with general information about Magelo, including new features we have in the pipeline!

We wanted to let you know that we've added team members to help us provide better service on our whole website. At the moment, on Everquest, we acknowledge that the most frustrating issue is the accuracy of heroic item formulas. We will focus on this issue and, with your help, we hope to fix it very soon. Please help us gather more information in our dedicated forum topic.

We've made many changes and improvements on our website. Let's take a quick tour of the main new features:

Magelo Sync New Client
We gave new life to Magelo Update, bringing more functionality and usability. Welcome to Magelo Sync!

Magelo Sync remains a quick and easy way to synchronize your characters and create your profiles. But there's more! With its Related section and Quick Search, Magelo Sync helps keep the Magelo database at your fingertips.

For all users, both premium and non-premium, Magelo Sync provides information that is directly relevant to your character's location, quest, etc., as you are playing! You can use this contextual information as a shortcut to our website to find details about your zone, actual target and, coming soon, your quest log!

Magelo Sync addresses many of the issues some users experienced with Magelo Update (game slots, run as administrator,...). And of course the Magelo Sync Everquest game module has been patched to work with the latest Everquest client version.

Find more information and download Magelo Sync now! As for Magelo Update you can safely uninstall it.

New left-side menu with integrated quick search, organized in two parts:
  • Community: your characters, guild, account and a link to Forums and Help
  • Database: all game content and a quick search at the top to find players, guilds, items, NPCs, zones and spells

Ranking Advanced Search now available for all users, premium and non-premium
Refine your searches using an assortment of advanced criteria such as tradeskills and tradeskills average, combat modifiers, resists and resists average, and many more.

Geo localized content coming soon for all users, premium and non-premium
For the first time on Everquest you will be able to access geo localized information to help you track down NPCs quickly on a map!

New background profile library for premium users
Customize your profile with backgrounds of characters, landscapes or classes. More than 50 backgrounds are waiting for you!

Please note that if you use Internet Explorer 6, we advise you to upgrade to Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, or Opera 9 to ensure the best experience our website has to offer.

Many new things are in the pipeline - we will keep you posted as soon as they are ready. We hope you enjoy all the new features on Everquest as well as on our new WoW game channel!

All feedback is welcome; thank you again for your support and patience!

Enjoy!
Bareldi

Nbr post: 46
Register: 11/19/02
Posted: 5/30/08, 3:08 PM

The link to actually download Magelo Sync gets to an "oops" screen, says the page may have been moved or may never have been there.
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11396
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/30/08, 3:48 PM

Link is fixed ! Thanks for the quick feedback.
jstanthrday

Nbr post: 4
Register: 2/19/07
Posted: 5/30/08, 4:04 PM

It still says Magelo Update on some of the pages (like the comment page, this reply page). I don't know if you meant to do that, but it doesn't appear like it should be that way =)
loulina
Admin

Nbr post: 4235
Register: 2/8/06
Posted: 5/30/08, 4:17 PM

Hi jstanthrday,
I think it's coming from your browser cache. Can you try to clear it to see if it's make a difference?
Thanks
Vaaryn

Register: 7/2/04
Posted: 5/30/08, 4:45 PM

Can one still update multiple accounts at once with the new sync? I had to log out each of my 3 accounts and only have 1 running at a time in order to update all 3.

Thanks

Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11396
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 5/30/08, 4:52 PM

You can't anymore, given it's really rare to run multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time, we decided to drop this functionality for a simpler user interface.
Vaaryn

Register: 7/2/04
Posted: 5/30/08, 5:07 PM

OK - thanks for the fast reply on that. Another thing I encountered: this profile 1379267 is not updating the level correctly; the character is now level 80 and is still displaying level 78 after 3 syncs. The equipment and AA are syncing though.

Thanks

Engineere6

Nbr post: 45
Register: 3/16/05
Posted: 5/30/08, 5:20 PM

You can't anymore, given it's really rare to run multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time, we decided to drop this functionality for a simpler user interface.

Well that sucks in a way, as I 2 box on my main computer almost daily..........

Desideratus

Nbr post: 16
Register: 3/15/04
Posted: 5/30/08, 6:38 PM

I know about 30 people - out of 80 in my guild - who 2 box (or more) on the same machine. Day in, day out. That's not really rare, it's incredibly common.

That multiple session functionality is vital for Magelo Sync to be any use at all to me. If it's not there by the time it comes for me to pay again in four months, you're going to be down $50 - and of five people I spoke to this evening, three said the same thing. Between that and still not having any kind of handle on heroic stats. you are in serious danger of killing your revenue stream.

Frankly I don't think you've ever asked if it's rare. I suggest you ask - in a very interactive way - all your premium users who have 2 or more EQ game slots. If the figure you get for 2-boxing on the same machine is more than 10%, then you NEED to fix this. Personally I'm betting it's over 40% - in my experience, the rarer situation is having MORE than one machine.
Senoril

Nbr post: 6
Register: 4/16/03
Posted: 5/30/08, 7:22 PM

I am very disappointed to learn that we can no longer sync simultaneously running accounts. I 4-box on two computers all the time. This is going to be a major annoyance.

But far worse than that, I am extremely annoyed that Magelo is only syncing characters currently on-line. I am dumbfounded as to why we now have to minimize EQ, maximize Magelo, sync, then restore EQ before I move on to my next character if I want to track more than one character. Very, very poor decision!

Please change it back.
Zaidoc

Nbr post: 161
Register: 8/18/02
Posted: 5/30/08, 8:49 PM

Sounds like some people have it working. I keep geting the following:
An error occured during application start up. If it is the first time this problem occurs, try running Magelo Sync once again. Go to www.magelo.com and check the forums for further help

I have cleared the java cache and re-downloaded. Being on a modem (/sigh) means this takes a long time.

Any suggestions?

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
Todwelt

Nbr post: 7
Register: 3/3/06
Posted: 5/30/08, 9:14 PM

"You can't anymore, given it's really rare to run multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time, we decided to drop this functionality for a simpler user interface."

I really wish you would not have disabled this function. I play two accounts on one machine near daily. I just don't think it's as rare as you hope it is for ease of a simpler interface.

Also being able to sync multiple characters at once without having them loaded in game was a nice feature as well. Close down both EQ accounts, sync all the toons I had logged in during that game session and then shut the computer off for the night. Was a nice feature. Only being able to sync one toon from one "running" account just doesn't seem right.

Kyrl

Register: 3/4/03
Posted: 5/30/08, 9:18 PM

"You can't anymore, given it's really rare to run multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time, we decided to drop this functionality for a simpler user interface."

I have to disagree with this point. I for one 2 and 3 box on the same computer every day. I know several guild members that do as well. I think boxing on one computer is more frequent than you realize, even in this day and age
Havenotes

Nbr post: 1
Register: 8/13/07
Posted: 5/30/08, 9:21 PM

I agree, totally with the above posters. I 2 box on the same computer daily and not being able to update my characters while I have their accts loaded in is really a hassle. I would really like to see this function back