Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!

Messages in topic: Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!
nyteshadow

Nbr post: 20
Register: 4/5/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 7:58 AM

You can't anymore, given it's really rare to run multiple accounts on the same computer at the same time, we decided to drop this functionality for a simpler user interface.

Adding in my voice, I 6 box with 3 accounts each on 2 computers.... please add/restore multiple account sync functionality !! It will be more than a little inconvienant to have to log in one char at a time to sync.
Shelearns

Nbr post: 143
Register: 1/16/06
Posted: 6/1/08, 8:14 AM

Magelo Sync is new despite its predecessor. You are seeing it in its least capable state. Expect more features to be added over time. It can only get better with your suggestions.

Do not expect all the bells and whistles on any product launch. I suppose we could've taken longer to add everything but then you'd have been waiting that much longer, and even then some would find fault. The software has to be released at some point to get real user experience. While some may multibox, everyone plays one account for some or all of their time. It's that everyone that Magelo Sync attempts to address at its launch because it's the larger population.

To those of you who have figured out how to multibox successfully, you are smart enough to figure out how to make do with Magelo Sync in the meantime. If you think about it, it's an extremely minor inconvenience compared to what else life has in store for you. Enjoy your playtime while you can and don't let this little thing spoil it.

So are you saying you are restoring the multi-toon synching? A simple yes or no is sufficient. I dont need a lesson on how hard life is, I know that firsthand.

If you arent, I wont bother with Premium. So yes or no?
benovitch

Nbr post: 19
Register: 12/31/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 8:33 AM

i would like to have the multiple char back also, without it's a real pain to update multiple characters,
Aithzar

Nbr post: 10
Register: 1/2/07
Posted: 6/1/08, 9:13 AM

Just posting my voice about having multiple character sync added back! Please!
rainnestorme

Nbr post: 30
Register: 2/3/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 9:33 AM

Ontree: Jelan specifically said they dropped multiple account updating. If it's going to be added back in the (near) future, that's great. But, lay off the snarky attitude to people who are voicing their concerns over a valued feature that the developer has said he's dropped.
Senoril

Nbr post: 6
Register: 4/16/03
Posted: 6/1/08, 5:40 PM

Onetree originally wrote on 5/31/08 at 10:48pm:
Do not expect all the bells and whistles on any product launch. I suppose we could've taken longer to add everything but then you'd have been waiting that much longer,
I would have been delighted to have a simple database verification of Magelo Update after the last patch and then wait months for a version of Magelo Sync that included the ability to handle multiple characters/accounts and not make me minimize EQ to update each-and-every-character, one-at-a-time.

Onetree wrote:
To those of you who have figured out how to multibox successfully, you are smart enough to figure out how to make do with Magelo Sync in the meantime. If you think about it, it's an extremely minor inconvenience compared to what else life has in store for you. Enjoy your playtime while you can and don't let this little thing spoil it.
Onetree, you insult your intelligence as well as ours when you play the "it's just a game" card—we all know it's just a game.

It's not going to spoil my playtime. It is going to spoil what used to be an extremely convenient product because now that product is a chore—and a semi-functional chore at that.
RStefan01

Register: 3/31/03
Posted: 6/1/08, 5:42 PM

Count me in for thinking multiple account functionality needs to be added back in. I run four EQ sessions on my main computer, and two on my secondary computer. It's added hassle to not be able to update them all at the same time.
Nottall

Register: 10/2/01
Posted: 6/1/08, 8:16 PM

Yes this is a minor inconvenience, but it is one none the less. If there was a post of said change, I would not have been as upset. Since there was no mention of the change, unless I missed it, it came across as a bug to me. I work as QA in the software industry, so I tend to look for issues in all software even when I am not trying to

In reading between lines of Onetree's post, it sounds like this may be included again in the future, if so thank you

Milander

Nbr post: 5
Register: 1/11/02
Posted: 6/1/08, 9:14 PM

Quit stalking me Senoril!

Back to the point of the thread.

Why, exactly, was Magelo Update replaced with Magelo Sync, anyway? It worked as intended, updated what needed to be updated. This new program was uncalled for...

And I'd still like some sort of response to my posts.
Onetree
Advisor

Nbr post: 2781
Register: 10/29/01
Posted: 6/1/08, 11:52 PM

Magelo Update needed to evolve to support multiple games. Its nature had to change to handle diverse modalities. It currently has a few problems. It's not going to stay that way.

Earthkeeper Onetree Tallbarque of Maelin Starpyre <Valoran>
PoM Pilot & Keeper of the Original PoM FAQ
Grandmaster Jeweler & Baker w/ Expert Trophies
Need help? Check out our FAQ. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) help can be found here.
Engineere6

Nbr post: 45
Register: 3/16/05
Posted: 6/2/08, 1:11 AM

Magelo Update needed to evolve to support multiple games. Its nature had to change to handle diverse modalities. It currently has a few problems. It's not going to stay that way.

So does this mean we will be getting the ability to sync multiple toons at once and not just the only one logged in atm?

ubedyn

Nbr post: 37
Register: 1/11/02
Posted: 6/2/08, 1:38 AM

Just thought I would chime in as well.. I too run up to 4 boxes on one PC and use the old style sync. Also the fact that i have to tab out of EQ to update my characters is a bit annoying. I am used to playing my session then when i log out updating all my toons...

Please add this back to Magelo...

And i agree with the rest, your answer is not to the point.. are you bringing this back or not? not too much to ask. we dont mind waiting (heck we been waiting on the sig for years), we just want to know.

Laurelleii

Nbr post: 4
Register: 4/11/02
Posted: 6/2/08, 2:42 AM

Adding myself as another who is very unhappy about not being able to sync multiple characters at once. I box daily, usually two accounts, sometimes three. A very high majority of my people I know box on the same computer also.

I'd say from the responses already that this was clearly not as "rare' as you all thought.

Korthaf MoD

Nbr post: 3
Register: 4/13/03
Posted: 6/2/08, 3:41 AM

Will also add myself to the disgruntled list. I box 3 accounts on the same PC everyday and find this change pretty inconvenient and hope that you will find a remedy quickly. Anyone who plays EQ knows that the majority of the player base owns 2 accounts or more and many of your EQ subscribers just got affected by the "new" sync.
krynnotaur

Nbr post: 6
Register: 5/9/08
Posted: 6/2/08, 6:13 AM

Perhaps if you would you all could share with us the methods and data collected to come to the conclusion that multiple instance boxing was "rare"? How big was the sample size? It is one thing to say that you removed functionality, but please dont insult our intelligence with such obvious distraction.

You guys want to be a giant megacorp like sony with your "multiple modality" interface and capacity to interface with any xml-formatted and accessible user data from whatever games may come down the line, fine - but dont feed us this disingenuous crap.

You have no idea whatsoever how many people run multiple instances of eq, or anything else for that matter, and this statement is indefensible. You removed this functionality for your own long term marketing goals, period. You hurt existing customers long dependent on a primary feature of existing software for the sake of potential customers down the road in other games.

I see a trend in regards to existing customers going on here at magelo and you would do well to reverse it, assuming you actually care about the money your getting now versus potential "multiple modalities" later.

For the record :

Every single person I know runs multiple instances of eq on multiple boxes.

1) I run 2 instances of several games at the same time as my whim moves me.

2) THE NEW UPDATE STILL DOES NOT WORK ON WINDOWS VISTA. IT CANNOT FIND THE JVM THAT IS INSTALLED AND WORKS WITH EVERYTHING ELSE.

I am running vista ultimate on a macbook pro. I two box my <radio edit> operating system, pal!
I should have just taped burning 25$ and put it on youtube so I could relive my buyers remorse over and over again in technicolor..