Login / Sign up
> > > Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!

Messages in topic: Magelo WoW beta opened, new EQ features are coming!
Zaidoc

Nbr post: 161
Register: 8/18/02
Posted: 6/2/08, 9:40 AM

Onetree wrote:
Magelo Update needed to evolve to support multiple games. Its nature had to change to handle diverse modalities. It currently has a few problems. It's not going to stay that way.

Yes, we understand this. However, to release it as a surprise, on a Friday, and the "walk away" without monitoring the issues is poor customer service. To have everything from "I can't run it" to "EQ is crashing now that I use the new Magelo Synch" and not have a single dev / support response other than the "customer service" ones promoting how good the change will be is just wrong. IMO, it now puts Magelo in the same light as SOE. They often change things without notification, find the change to be broken, defend the change and then, maybe, address the issue. We have come to expect more from Magelo and this kind of service certainly makes me want to re-evaluate where I spend my money. This is not a threat, I am not posturing "fix it or leave". I just think this was a very poor call on someone's list. You should never release new software when no one will be around to address and handle the issues. There are always issues when going live.

Zaidoc ImagoDei
Order of the Silent Fist
Retired
seafarer

Nbr post: 15
Register: 11/29/01
Posted: 6/2/08, 10:35 AM

havent tried the new synch yet, but something not much mentioned here did catch my attention:

Did you say, that you no longer can synch after going offline on EQ?
that sounds like a major PITA, at least for me.. I often synch my char after I log off, sometimes even the next day!
(and just for orders sake: I am very very rarely multiboxing (probably one of the last), and if so, I try to do it on different computers.. that does not mean I does not want the multi-synch back. just make sure to be possible to do AFTER I quit playing.)

being so old, you can't really expect me to remember to synch while I play now, can you? thought not.

Wizardly yours,
Seafarer Saltwind of Karana
Drachenreiter
AB server
Everquest
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11396
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/2/08, 1:11 PM

As Drazzminius pointed out, my response has been definitely "hastily" written and I am sorry for the little earthquake it triggered.

I sincerely think the simplification of the UI was needed to improve its usability and overall, the new client is much more easier to use now.

That's being said, since the foundation of Magelo, we have always listen to our community feedbacks and we try to serve you as best as we can. We heard you and we are working on how to solve this multi box issue as well as the few bugs we have. We will get back to you with some good news very soon!

Thanks all for your comments so far and don't worry, we will not let you down.
Lias

Nbr post: 247
Register: 10/13/02
Posted: 6/2/08, 2:20 PM

I've just realized why Magelo Synch has the new feature "Related information"

It's so that we can quickly go see how much more incorrect data has been uploaded to the database.

Now up to 1417 NPCs in the guild lobby. That's almost 500 bogus entries in just 3 days (players detected as NPCs).

OK, joking aside... my point is that the new Synch has not addressed old bugs. Here's a quick list of known issues that I came up with a week or two ago (thus, before we knew about Magelo Synch):

1) No Heroic stats breakdown (ie, total xx Heroic STR, yy Heroic STA)

2) Heroic stats not factored into HP, Mana, End, AC (causing errors of hundreds of HP)

3) Heroic stats not factored into HP regen, Mana regen, etc.

4) Heroic stats of value n not displayed at all when stats in form (0 + n)

5) SoF Mod3 not displayed on profile (Spell Damage, ect)

6) Dodge/Parry mods not displaying on items, in search, in profile.

7) Non gnomes display tinkering skill 0

8) Forage AAXP not shown in profile

9) Drop rate % sorting bug (4.9% displayed below 4.7%)

10) PCs being detected as NPCs (look at the hundreds listed in Guild Lobby)

11) NPCs in wrong zones (Aid Grimel in wrong zone).

12) Quick Search Output truncates at 30 results.

13) Guild Tool.. Average level counts all levels over 75 as being level 75

14) Profile and rankings do not display deity

15) edit_equipment.jspa: stats cap value is displayed in total column.

16) Manual update: bag bug. http://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=3783

17) Flags and Keys management.. unusable. Promised to be addressed. Never done.

18) MU UI confusing to non-premium users: acknowledged but never fixed.

19) MU annoyance... synch giving null error (but always then works on retry).

20) "Missing spells" listing lower levels of spells already scribed at Rk II or III (Bond of the Blackwater and others)

21) "Missing spells" not listing spells level 77-80.

22) Multiple Advanced Search bugs. http://eq.magelo.com/forum/messages.jspa?topic=3796

23) NPC search.. valid strings do not match entries in the database. Example: "Eternity" does not give a hit for "Eternity`s Blaze" in HoS zone).

24) Help Page wont allow Tech Support tickets to be submitted by Premium users (the page wants one to upgrade). This problem seems to come and go.

Now, one or two of the above items are just anonyances (such as non-gnomes and their tinkering) but many have a huge impact in the whole value of the Magelo product. What good is the NPC database when you have to scroll thru 1400 bogus entries in a single zone? What good is the item database when you cannot search it properly? What good are our profiles when they are incorrect by hundreds of HP (Heroic stats)?

I understand that coming up with a new tool like Magelo Synch can in itself be a justification for delaying fixing stuff such as #18 (MU UI confusing) as you don't want to fix the same thing twice (and it's possible that Magelo Synch addresses #18).

However, that's no justification for not having addressed some of the back-end issues (such as broken search).

You know, sometimes I feel like Magelo is a house built on sand - and now we've got a retiled roof. But the foundations are still sinking...

rhys

Nbr post: 7
Register: 5/20/02
Posted: 6/3/08, 9:44 AM

Thanks for the post Jelan, that's good to hear.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Rhys
Shelearns

Nbr post: 143
Register: 1/16/06
Posted: 6/3/08, 3:25 PM

Thanks for the update!
Drazzminius
Advisor

Nbr post: 324
Register: 11/3/02
Posted: 6/4/08, 2:52 AM

Thanks Jelan.

Can you prune this message and move the OVERWHELMING majority of it to the Suggestions Forum? I think that's a more appropriate place for it.

Thanks again for the update and for the improved interface. I know we all look forward to the evolution of the Sync system.

---Drazz

EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator
Necrotalk Admin
EQ Traders Super Moderator
FarionaSG

Nbr post: 19
Register: 9/1/03
Posted: 6/4/08, 2:58 AM

Threats aside, I just noticed today that my premium account expires in 5 days. I am going to wait to resubscribe due to the current issues.

First of all, I just lvled my beastlord from 59 to 65 and, although it shows the lvl 65 required gear I have equipped on her, the level did not update. It still shows the character as lvl 59. http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1332996 . I am sure this is a bug and will be fixed in short order.

The things that irritate me are the removal of support for 2 accounts running on the same computer and the ability to sync all the toons I have played once I log off. I have 18 playable characters, and 6 mules/traders. Once a week I log them all in then sync them after I am done. Using magelo sync in its current form will be a bigger pain than using eqplayers.

I have used magelo for 7 years. I really dont want to change and have to change my sigs on various websites and get used to equpdate but what you are doing is so obvious it isnt funny.

You made these changes so that you could make more money off other games. Rather than taking care of the people who got you to where you are, you have obviously focusing your attention on WoW and other games in an effort to get their money as well. I have lived and died by magelo for years and I am disappointed that, like SOE, the almighty dollar means more to you than the customers.

If this isnt fixed by the 9th, I will be letting my premium subscription expire and checking out eqplayers. If it gets fixed I might come back. Letting my money speak for me in this matter.
Deloehne

Nbr post: 22
Register: 4/19/05
Posted: 6/6/08, 12:33 PM

I won't bother to mention the multibox issue as it seems to be on its way to a fix. In my case I have an issue that does not show up in the two or three threads I have read: With the new Magelo Synch my game performance drops like a rock. From desktop to load of EQ to server select now takes five minutes and from server select to the World another five. Needless to say, I won't be running MS in the background until this problem fixes.
Sirulus Delon

Nbr post: 16
Register: 1/27/03
Posted: 6/6/08, 8:37 PM

I am having the very same issue. My cleric still shows as 67 however the cleric is now 73. Also, it does not seem to work well if you use Win EQ to load your game windows. This is also how I multi-box on one computer. I am firmly in the category of being disappointed and upset that you removed the ability to not only update multiple accounts at once when boxed on the same computer, but you also removed the ability to sync after logging out. I raid most times that I am on and I don't think to sync before I log. Further, when I do get around to synching it is usually the morning or well into the day after. It would have probably been a good idea to invite some beta testers or at the very least poll your users as to what they wish to retain or keep, perhaps even update about the tool.

-§ir

Cylint Nyte - Sirulus Delon
Starlene

Nbr post: 14
Register: 11/27/01
Posted: 6/7/08, 9:23 PM

Thank you for looking into the multibox issue, Jelan. My brother also 2 boxes his characters, and I know he would no longer want to use Magelo if this is not changed. I don't think this is nearly as rare was the Magelo team might have believed.
Sukrasisx

Nbr post: 23
Register: 4/15/05
Posted: 6/8/08, 5:45 PM

Just adding my two centimes. I two-box, but I do it on two boxes, so synching multiple accounts on one computer actually doesn't matter to me (though I feel the pain of all those who are affected). But I was appalled to find I can no longer sync more than one character at a time! Like many others who've posted, I only synch occasionally, and I liked that doing so in MU would update all the characters that I had logged in while MU was running. I run two Bazaar mules (seller and buyer) so I often do not exit the game for weeks; when the servers go down for a patch, then I'll take the time to synch all the characters I've played. Now it looks like if the servers are down I can't synch anyone at all?!

Obviously, synching while the game isn't running and synching characters who aren't currently logged in (even when the game is running) are similar problems, requiring that you hang onto the information for characters seen earlier. MU did this. Please reassure us that MSync will do so eventually (and hopefully sooner rather than later!).
Jelan
Admin

Nbr post: 11396
Register: 5/4/01
Posted: 6/9/08, 4:23 PM

Oky guys, I promised an updated very soon and here we go, we just patched Magelo Sync and Everquest game module:

- Multi boxing and offline characters :

Magelo Sync can now handle multi instances of EQ on the same computer as well as offline characters.

- Automatic character data export :

Magelo Sync can now automatically export your character data to your specified folder

- Bug fixes :

• Magelo Sync was taking one core/cpu in some cases
  • Upon sync, the identity card of your character would not be updated

As always, just let us know your comments, this update is only the beginning of new or updating features to come ! Btw, I noticed someone had an issue with Java under Vista, we are all working under vista and I can assure you it works just fine, make sure your java JRE 6 is properly installed and it should work. If the problem persists, please create a topic in the bug forum and we will help you further !