Login / Sign up
> > > Ranking Round Table – Sorting classes

Messages in topic: Ranking Round Table – Sorting classes
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 11/16/06, 11:12 AM

Hi and welcome to our first Round Table. RTs are a way to encourage and to structure discussions around specific topics, or more general matters.

On today’s round table we would like to have your feedbacks on the default sorting order for each classes. When you click on a class name of the default page we are returning a list of characters result ranked by two values, for exemple Hp/Mana. Those values may or may not be the best pick and if they’re not, now it’s the best time to change them. You can find what values are used by default one on the search box on top of the ranking result.

If you’re pretty acquainted with one or several classes and you would like the default values to be changed for something else, please use the thread below and post the class(-es) name along with the two values you think would be best for that class.

The thread will stay open for several days in order to give everyone the time to express their opinion, then it will be closed and the new values will be implemented on the next following patch.

Thank you!

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
BigMccoley

Nbr post: 1
Register: 6/1/05
Posted: 11/16/06, 11:29 AM

forceing peeps to pay for the basic service cant even lvl up toon to current status is blackmail and all the people i know are closeing magelo accounts
Rosstopher

Nbr post: 10
Register: 4/30/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 11:48 AM

Shadow Knight = AC.
Aszuth

Nbr post: 12
Register: 4/2/05
Posted: 11/16/06, 11:50 AM

Big - Wrong topic and say what? Forcing people to pay for an optional service is blackmail? Hate to see your opinion on American health care sometime then... life and death can hinge on not paying for that "optional" service. Besides its $2/mo - while re-educating myself me and my wife have $40 budgeted for "Mad Money" per week and we can afford 3 EQ accounts and Magelo by tightening out belts elsewhere (mostly not eating out - which is more healthy anyhow). If your budget is that tight per week its workable, and if it's any worse than that or you waste too much money to afford $2/mo for a "required" service you need to seriously re-evaluate your life.

As for the REAL topic....

SK - AC then HP.
CLR - Mana then Total Resists IMO (Or just Corruption perhaps not started on TSS yet - but pre-TSS Resists are the first thing I look at after Focii for recruiting clerics)
Ishaar
Advisor

Nbr post: 449
Register: 5/6/01
Posted: 11/16/06, 11:53 AM

BigMccoley,
1) Any user can now rank and display the ranking, that was changed already a while ago.
2) Your off-topic, stay on the subject or don't post on this thread.

Rosstopher,
Is that the first value? And what would be the second in your standards?

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
Breez

Register: 2/17/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 12:07 PM

Enchanter 1st = HP - 2nd = ?? does it matter? howoften is there a tie? =D I guess mana

Great inititive in getting feedback on the subject.
Nilbus

Nbr post: 98
Register: 11/12/01
Posted: 11/16/06, 12:41 PM

Magicians, Mana then HP
Warriors AC and HP (order really up in the air)

[Nilbus Oberlovyn|http:\\eq.magelo.com\profile\246758]
Master Tinkerer and Primal Elementalist - Tunare
Atmablue

Nbr post: 4
Register: 5/18/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 12:51 PM

As a beastlord, I value HP and AC the most. However, a beastlord with high AC and HP but no mana is a crappy beastlord. I would stick with HP and mana for us.
Rosstopher

Register: 4/30/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 1:06 PM

SK = AC for primary, and I guess HP for secondary in the unlikely event of an AC tie.
gordulek

Nbr post: 13
Register: 3/31/04
Posted: 11/16/06, 1:33 PM

Paladins - AC/HP, same as Shadowknights.
glorfendellas

Nbr post: 1
Register: 7/15/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 1:45 PM

Do not know if you want stats only.
Cleric Mana - AA
Spats

Nbr post: 3
Register: 9/14/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 1:53 PM

For my pally main AC then HP, alt cleric mana/aa, alt necro hp/aa, alt ench hp/aa
culkasi

Nbr post: 2
Register: 1/27/03
Posted: 11/16/06, 2:44 PM

monks HP then AC
Samimi

Nbr post: 6
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 2:50 PM

As it has been already mentioned, for tank classes ( Warrior, Shadowknights, Paladin) AC becomes more important than Hp in the end game.

I would suggest AC and then HP as the default filter.
bediasis

Nbr post: 6
Register: 9/8/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 3:13 PM

As a enchanter HP over all never have I died for a lack of any thing else 2nd should be greatest # of mezzed mobs we kept under control till dead in one pull session but since theres no way to track that I would have to go with Mana