Login / Sign up
> > > $24.95???

Messages in topic: $24.95???
Dyfrin Deathseeker

Nbr post: 91
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 11/13/06, 12:52 PM

People get a reality check.

Skip 1 movie in theater a year = 12 more bucks. dang deal with it.

Shovel some old ladies sidewalk this winter for 50 bucks.
Rake leaves if you live where it doesn't snow. Whatever. Half of eq probably needs the exercise.

btw my offer still stands, build your own magelo system, and keep it free. Then come complain.

[Dyfrin|javascript:channelProfile("eq",26510)]
Half-Elf Lyricist
moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 11/13/06, 2:12 PM

"What Magelo should do is:

Free user = Same as is now.
Classic user = $12/year, includes autosynching, authentic seal, item/spell searches, and as much use of the ranking and guild features as a free user does."

I don't even care about the item/spell searches, I would use alla's or lucy for those anyway. I don't care about the rankings. I simply want to sync my account and view my profile, that's all.

It stinks that all of us that simply use it for the profile updater for a single account have to pay 2x as much as EQplayers now. It is definitely a better product, but I have to remind myself that this is simply an optional add on for my online entertainment. Honestly, I probably won't be renewing as an extra dollar a month doesn't seem like much, but a little bit here, a little bit there and before you know it you are paying for another subscription to your game.

I wish the site the best of luck in its endeavors.

Moklianne -Magelo
Minadin

Nbr post: 69
Register: 1/18/03
Posted: 11/13/06, 2:37 PM

It's not 2x as much as EQPlayers, unless you only play 1 character on 1 account and only use its most basic features. At that point you're still getting a lot less content on EQPlayers for less price - that's pretty fair when you think about it.

For me, I run 2 characters on 2 accounts, if I wanted to get all the features I used Magelo / EQRankings for from Sony's product, it would cost me $3 per month, per account, or an additional $72 per year. Of course I would have preferred a more gradual increase, and maybe some more options as far as pricing.* But, when you look at it in perspective, it's still affordable.

Hopefully, they will get some of the new guild and ranking content that we lost with EQRankings pushed live soon, that's what I'm waiting for. But currently, even as a non-premium member, you can use the updater to "verify" your gear for the rankings and set your guild tag, or so I believe. It just won't synch your gear / level / AA / etc.

*P.S. I also would have liked to had magelo work perfectly on the first day of beta, with all content already fully developed, no bugs, no glitches, and everything running smoothly . . . but that's not very realistic, either.

Tanruk

Nbr post: 14
Register: 9/24/05
Posted: 11/14/06, 4:55 PM

Well Jartaxel, I would have responded sooner but spent the last two days NOT being able to get on a site that I'm expected to pay 24.95 now to use.

I don't feel cheated at all, but I do feel doubling the price overnight is too much. I won't pay for EQPlayers either and fyi, EQP is more expensive.

Quote:

"Awww.. but but.. I used to pay NOTHING for Jelan's HARD work!, now I feel cheated!"

Pay the new fee or.. STFU

I will pay for what I get and if the last 2 days is any indication of what is to come, I'll save my money. And...who the hell are you to tell me to STFU. Last time I checked this was a public board. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. You have yours, and I have mine. I will continue to voice my dislikes here or anywhere else. I won't tell you to STFU, but I will say KMA.
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 11/14/06, 6:09 PM

Last time I checked this was a public board.

Actually, these are private forums. Jelan can close them down at any time he likes, or police them in any way he likes.
sadwanderer

Nbr post: 20
Register: 6/28/04
Posted: 11/15/06, 2:02 AM

I bought my car for 500$, I got a great deal on a good car that ran great had no problems and still runs fine today. Did I go back and say ya know maam your price was to cheap, I think Ill pay you more ... NO. Its rediculus to say that customers were complaining for paying to cheap. In Feb when my subscription ends it will do just that and end. Get bent Magelo.
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 11/15/06, 5:34 AM

Believe it or not, but we've been told we should raise the Premium fee. Too bad the old forums are gone now, otherwise I would have dug up posts for you just to show you this was indeed happening at times.

By the way, you may have been able to buy a 500$ car about 5 years ago, today that same car would cost you 1000$ ...
Crillan
Premium User

Nbr post: 16
Register: 11/18/01
Posted: 11/15/06, 3:25 PM

I've always used the free magelo but I was able to use alternate profiles and use EQ rankings. Now I can't do either of those things because EQ rankings isn't going to update to use the new magelo and magelo is screwing us over by not giving us alternate profiles any more. 24.95 is too much for me to want to get stuff you weren't charging for before. Going from free to 24.95 a year is out of the question. So far, the new magelo is a great tool, but it screwed every single free user over at the same time.

I loved using the alternate profiles to plan possible gear upgrades and to make specific sets of equipment like max accuracy, max backstab damage, max shielding etc. This was a great tool but now I can't use it.

I can have my character ranked, but I can't even look at the rankings. There's no point to have it ranked then. This will make rankings even less accurate than EQ rankings was. Granted EQ rankings had some fake profiles and stat padders but for the most part, they were accurate. Magelo rankings will be missing a lot of accurate profiles from the free users that don't bother ranking themselves.

Moving free features over to the premium side is lame and doubling the price for premium at the same time is lame. I'm not going to be getting premium ever because of this.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=34663
Arderd

Nbr post: 7
Register: 4/11/04
Posted: 11/15/06, 3:41 PM

with the reduced functionality for the non-premium users (counting using EQRankings as their rankings) and the more than doubling of prescriptions prices I think this is the end of magelo as we know it. It's now just gonna be having a profile, which won't hold people's attention like seeing how you compare aginst others.
lalala987

Nbr post: 1
Register: 5/22/04
Posted: 11/16/06, 5:23 AM

Moving free features over to the premium side is lame and doubling the price for premium at the same time is lame. I'm not going to be getting premium ever because of this.

i like the new magelo. it looks good and works not bad at all. moving the rankings to premium and ripping off 25 USD (huge increase!) is a darned cheek. no way i will buy a premium account. the opinion in my guild is the same.
Taushar

Nbr post: 1
Register: 6/17/02
Posted: 11/16/06, 6:53 AM

I don't mind the raise in price but can we have extra slot or two open for that price? I mean the added cost for management can't be that much more.

Taushar
Akimbo

Nbr post: 2
Register: 11/8/04
Posted: 11/16/06, 9:02 AM

i like the new magelo. it looks good and works not bad at all. moving the rankings to premium and ripping off 25 USD (huge increase!) is a darned cheek. no way i will buy a premium account. the opinion in my guild is the same.

Provided you've been premium once. And you missed the part where they made the ranking accessible for free users again.
Crillan
Premium User

Nbr post: 16
Register: 11/18/01
Posted: 11/16/06, 4:13 PM

Ranking accessible for free users? I just tried and it still says it's a premium feature. What am I missing?

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=34663
baody

Nbr post: 36
Register: 1/22/04
Posted: 11/17/06, 10:05 AM

They are still working on the ranking system. From the Announcements on the front page...

"Short terms changes (between this week and next week)

Ranking:
  • Ability to sort by server AND by class for all users.
  • Adding the total AA rank filter for all users.
  • Adding more filters for Premium users, such as trade skills or combat modifiers (+BS, etc.)"

So non-premium uses will soon have more useful sorts avalible to them.

Cerrena Sweetbuns - Halfling Warrior-Baker
Dyfrin Deathseeker

Nbr post: 91
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 11/17/06, 1:16 PM

Peeps need to calm down and revisit what is free and what is premium in 1 month after they had time to change what is planned already that you people don't even read before posting here that you are getting ripped off (for free?).

Before you say something, click Home first and read the planned changes.

[Dyfrin|javascript:channelProfile("eq",26510)]
Half-Elf Lyricist