Login / Sign up
> > > $24.95???

Messages in topic: $24.95???
Mogley

Nbr post: 20
Register: 2/4/02
Posted: 12/12/06, 2:49 PM

Well after carefull consideration and such I wasnt trying to act like a poor welfare whoring american only looking for handouts. I have been a paid premium user since Feb 02. My current premium subscription expired Dec 6 this year. I was under the impression from the other older Magelo web site that the 3 week extension was the 3 weeks past YOUR expiriation date which would have been Dec 24th. I plan on re buying the premium services shortly after the holidays probably. But when you have 2 x wives 4 kids and 5 grandkids money gets tight this time of year lol

120 Barbarian Shaman
80Halfling Druid
83 Gnome Enchanter
cmj2k2

Nbr post: 4
Register: 12/28/02
Posted: 12/12/06, 4:03 PM

why would ANYone pay ANY money for an EVERQUEST CHARACTER PROFILE...

cmon people...
Jenina

Nbr post: 5
Register: 11/17/01
Posted: 12/14/06, 3:56 AM

I'm disapointed. I play only on Test but I paid premium last year knowing most of the features wouldn't work for me because I wanted to support someone who was giving a valuable free service to the comunity.

I liked old magelo a lot. I don't like the new format at all. I liked the options I had before better as well. Making alternate profiles was the best part of the service and it used to be free. I'd have definately resubscribed at $12 or even $15 but there is no way I'm paying $25 for something I don't even like nearly as much as what I had before.

If I wanted something that looked like EQPlayers I would have subscribed there. I didn't like it so I subscribed here. And then it got changed to something not even nearly as good. Very disapointed. Still respect what you've done for the community in the past but I wish you'd thought about the fact that you were THE service people used because people liked it as it was.

[70 Prelate] [url= /url' target='new'>http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=840156]Jenarie/url (Dark Elf) <Primal Brood> Test
Nessaria

Nbr post: 2
Register: 3/4/04
Posted: 12/17/06, 10:09 PM

A friend made me a sig...used the wrong template and made a magelo profile instead...all I wanted to do was show off his artwork in my profile, and cant. I wont pay $25 a year just to be able to put a nice pretty picture into my magelo, but it does disappoint me. I used to be able to put the picture in my magelo...I used to have one there on my Mianya one. Just sucks...
moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 12/18/06, 10:23 AM

You can still put a background in without having to pay for a premium subscription. Or has this changed aswell?

Moklianne -Magelo
sadwanderer

Nbr post: 20
Register: 6/28/04
Posted: 12/18/06, 1:55 PM

You can no longer utilize a background OR music unless premium now.
ubedyn

Nbr post: 37
Register: 1/11/02
Posted: 12/19/06, 4:26 PM

I must say I am disapoointed at the rate increase with out a teired choice. I for one only use it for a few features that existed in the old magelo and its great you added features, but for me they are not worth the cost...

Magelo is a sevice, a service I thought was worth supporting, not buying. I do not feel it is worth the cost you are now charging and will not renew at the current rate. I guess i was lucky to renew before the price increase.

I only use it for auto sync and to look at my own toons gear. I have no use for the other features and do not think i should be paying for features i have no intent of using. Its not that the price is too much or anything, just not worth it for me.

I think you guys better think long and hard about a teir system.

I subscribe to EQplayers for guild management functions for features related to all flags because it is a free service to get auto sync and is easier to get guild members to keep the profiles updated as well as being available 99% of the time unlike magelo, not you fault, I fully understand it takes a few days after a patch to find out what they changed as they do not provide you with this information, just a simple fact of life.

Add to that that the load times are almost unbearable with magelo now due to Java or what ever. It lessens the worth of the service.

Again think about a teired system that allows auto sync with the lower cost and the orginal features if you wish to keep this supporter (NOT A CUSTOMER).

moklianne

Nbr post: 127
Register: 8/25/02
Posted: 12/19/06, 9:16 PM

"You can no longer utilize a background OR music unless premium now."

Wow, that sucks. Bad decision to do that, IMO. The original Magelo would let you use a background and link to music at least.

Moklianne -Magelo
Toxics Slowdeath

Nbr post: 2
Register: 11/28/06
Posted: 12/20/06, 4:26 AM

I'm with Kevdogg

free users at least put a damn song and pic on our magelo and i'll be happy

that shoulnt be a pay to use feture lol

Jelan,
Why do we need to pay for a picture and music on our profile, the old system you didn't have to pay for it, why can't the New be the same? The music I can understand, but the picture is from "my" picture hosting site, which doesn't take up "your" disk space, all we need is a link or commond on "your" sight to tell the site where to get the picture so the users can view

now I might be wrong on this but I doubt it

there such a thing as going too far in getting the almighty dollar and making a customer pay for something that doesn't really affects your system is an exsample

Now I am too a test server player and for my to pay $25 for all those nice feature would be just wasting my money, even on the old system I only used the sync nothing else and being on test you can't use it because test is always being updated

either drop the fee for the picture on your profile or charge a lesser price for a basic feature, really Jelan why can't you have 2 feature, a basic and a extended premium the basic just for music, picture and maybe another, while the extend is for the whole thing either way it's a win for you, if you are reasonable I'll pay for a basic feature just so i can have my picture on my profile, reasomable is like $7.99 a year for those 2 feature

Tilluan AB
Premium User

Nbr post: 49
Register: 8/20/03
Posted: 12/22/06, 4:50 AM

As officer of my guild I need actual valuable information from my guild members - EQPlayers gives me that information with one account upgraded. EQPlayers had much bugs at the beginning - from look and feeling I would say they reach about 90% of functionality of magelo, but EQPlayers is complete - all of my guild mates are listed.

Myself I have 2 accounts here - I used Magelo about 2 years or so as permium member - but now with the raise of costs and the long development and beta status, promised features and so on I did not continued my premium service. First show me your extra features existing I would pay for as premium user. As premium user I had several months a beta system full of bugs, not uptodate with the TSS expansion.

I will look in detail if your further progress will be worth enough to pay the double amount. Btw I changed all my links to EQPlayers. The link functionality is what is interesting, not your "guild tools or class lists".

Qill

Nbr post: 16
Register: 6/8/05
Posted: 12/24/06, 6:35 AM

Toxics - images take up no space whatsoever. I have one folder on my drive that has 2,272 images in it and it takes up 259mb (one quarter of a gig) of a space. Jelan's server, on the other hand, has to send out a request to find your image on the web. Is this a big deal? Not really but obviously Jelan is not concerned with the fluff. I really don't understand why people are so upset about a background image. It doesn't change your stats or gear.

Tilluan, the beta edition was full of bugs because it was a beta edition. Betas are used to find bugs and then fix them. What did you expect? A flawless beta test? Sorry but they don't exist.
xzaviar

Nbr post: 23
Register: 2/9/05
Posted: 12/24/06, 7:17 AM

Unfortunately, I did break down and subscribe again for 24.95. Around 2 months into "live" now and we still have LESS than what we had with the old system. I am very disappointed to be paying more for less. I hope the new year brings about at least a few of the upgrades that were promised and have been paid for. I notice the signature link is just gone now I guess that is one upgrade that I payed for that I'm definitely not going to receive.
khozik

Nbr post: 3
Register: 1/4/03
Posted: 12/26/06, 6:17 AM

I'm going to be paying, since for me it is 3 accounts, 25 / 12 (months) / 3 (accounts) = 80 cents per account or $2.10 per month which is nothing for someone living in the U.S.

That aside, I do think some things should be free (like background pictures).. the only thing magelo does is send the .html file to the user, the users computer is the one that parses the html and requests a background picture, which means it has no impact on magelo servers at all.
HyurticesVal

Nbr post: 1
Register: 12/2/01
Posted: 1/1/07, 10:52 AM

I'm going to be paying, since for me it is 3 accounts, 25 / 12 (months) / 3 (accounts) = 80 cents per account or $2.10 per month

Your cost per month is actually $6.24 per month not $2.10 the math is $24.95*3/12, not $25/12(months)/3(accounts)

3 accounts @ $24.95 = $74.85 per year
$74.85 divide 12(months) = $6.24 (monthly charge per account)
Maurice
Advisor

Nbr post: 5271
Register: 11/14/01
Posted: 1/1/07, 12:32 PM

Ehh, one standard Magelo Premium account covers up to 3 EverQuest accounts. As such, the $24.95 per month covers 3 accounts, for 12 months. So the $2.10 figure is pretty much right on.

Now you would be right with using 3 Premium accounts (which would cover up to 9 EverQuest accounts), but the cost per three EverQuest accounts would still fall down to $2.10 per month.