Login / Sign up
> > > $24.95???

Messages in topic: $24.95???
diemxx

Nbr post: 11
Register: 7/27/02
Posted: 1/2/07, 4:12 AM

I got tired of reading the posts after about page 3 but here is what I think.

I saw the 24.95 and said "Wo2, wasn't it like 12 bucks for premium access before?" I put off paying the 25 bucks for a few months since my character had transferred over from the old premium account I had and I have like 6 level 70 toons.

Well then came xmas. They had this subscription for an extra 3 monhs of preium service so I said what the hell and did it.

Now we pay at least 10 bucks a MONTH to play EQ. Times have been hard for me through the years but as an addict I was always able to come up with the subscription amount.

Here's the thing. Before I puchased magelo premium (for 12 bucks a year) I was spending up to 5 hours a day (on and off) trying to get my magelo to reflect what I had in game. After the premium was paid I spend 0 time messing with my profile. I mean it's synced right.

If you have ANY friends whatsoever or ANY family whatsoever how can they not know you play EQ all the time? I know my girlfriend hates me playing as she is "normal".

Bottom line: Someone, a friend or family member, CAN afford the 25 bucks as a present.
sadwanderer

Nbr post: 20
Register: 6/28/04
Posted: 1/3/07, 12:13 PM

AAHHHHHHHH mooching off the ol' family member routine. Get a job you lazy bum. 2nd many use different features of this service. I personally use the auto sync ONLY ( besides the music and background which is now premium only and quite crappy to be). I really urge Jelan and who ever else that has a say to please make a tier service. Dont make me pay for crap I dont need. I as sole provider for a family of 4 25$ is a lot. Many can say oh you can cut out 1 night of eating out or movies blah blah, but hey how can you when youve already cut all that out already =(. Again please dont make me cancel my eq subscription for 2 months just to pay for premium autosync, like selling your car for gas money.... A tier system would do nicely!
Failea

Nbr post: 5
Register: 10/5/02
Posted: 1/4/07, 2:32 PM

Personally, I think $24.95 per yr. is reasonable for this service. I prefer this to EQPlayers because it is cheaper and I am able to view the names of players who rank ahead of me and what kind of equipment they are wearing. I tried EQPlayers and wtf I am not even able to view my own equipment unless I have EQPlayers Update on at all times. I am NOT impressed with EQPlayers and I still love/prefer Magelo's.

Failea
The cute, little, Halfling Cleric
Danille

Nbr post: 24
Register: 4/3/03
Posted: 1/4/07, 7:26 PM

The statement above is false!

Turn on the option to let eqplayers sync and you will be able to view your equipment.

You can also also to let other players view your inventory if you turn on the other switch too. If not you get:

Jaradis

Nbr post: 529
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 1/6/07, 4:44 PM

You can only see the NAME of what the items they are wearing. You can't see any stats. You can't see any of the augs (which is a BIG part of a profile now).

Jaradis Stormcaller

Cazic Thule (Brell Serilis) Server
Danille

Nbr post: 24
Register: 4/3/03
Posted: 1/6/07, 8:01 PM

Again the post above it completly false. You sure can see augs on eqplayers links. I really wish people would stop posting misinformation.

When people post links to their eqplayers profile they dont link the main profile URL:

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/character_profile.vm?characterId=597000456206

Please click on this link the eqplayers lite profile URL and then click on an inventory piece. (dont just hover your mouse over the item):

http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/lite/index.vm?characterId=597000456206&resize=no

When linking the eqplayers lite URL link it allows anyone on the planet to see:

Note that when you click on a piece of inventory a new window opens below the profile that shows every bit of ingame detail possible.

Please be accurate in your posts, considering that you are a magelo advisor

Oh and BTW here is your eqplayers profile with your epic window opened for viewing
http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/lite/index.vm?characterId=450971566336&resize=no
:

wolfcaller

Nbr post: 5
Register: 11/7/06
Posted: 1/9/07, 4:09 PM

OK let me add my 2 copper to the pot, I was a free user on old Magelo, now I am a premium user, this means I looked at the pricing of $24.95 per year & decided it was well & truely worth it for the benefits I recieve. If you dont like the price simply dont pay it. My goddess you make me think I am watching that bitch from Janice Dickenson Modeling Agency whine again, & again.

Jelvan,
I have been using Magelo for a long time & am glad I can now afford to pay you for the time & effort you have put into this site. Only thing I ask is ya give Onetree a /HUG from his old friends on Karana Server Me (Larul Wolfcaller) & Beaniegal. Other then that you should know that you inspired me to learn webdesign & now I can afford the things I want as well as be able to play Everquest in a resonably high end raiding guild. /salute Jelvan!

Larul Wolfcaller
(Barbarian Shamaness 75)
<Frayed Knot>
The Rathe

wolfcaller_eq@hotmail.com

Spirit Walker Larul WolfCaller
<Frayed Knot>
Crystallos, Lair of the Awakened
Knarlz

Nbr post: 1
Register: 10/16/01
Posted: 1/10/07, 3:37 PM

Well let's see...
How can I constructivly add to a thread of this nature.
If in the future a lower tier option to sync/update 1 char 1 time a month is made available at a much lower price point than the full service, then I may re-suscribe at that level.

milkandcheese1

Nbr post: 2
Register: 5/20/02
Posted: 1/12/07, 1:32 PM

Nowhere on that site, in a clear and logical location, does it tell me how to link my profile in eqplayers as a non-subscriber. So now you know why people say they can't do anything with it. Sure, I can sync my gear, but than I can't look at it. User-friendly it is not. I don't care if I can't view all of it, but I can't even view the gear other than by name. Plus I have to pay for it on each account, so no thanks. I may not like the price of magelo, but having more than one account, its still better than Sony's option. Frankly, I really don't need either, they're just nice to have.
Dyfrin Deathseeker

Nbr post: 91
Register: 10/31/01
Posted: 1/12/07, 5:05 PM

Ah tax time coming, good thing you can claim magelo service as a tax deduction. It inventories your virtual possessions. If you were to sell items in game for IRL cash you are a buisness, so you should report sales tax on it thus purchasing software or services for that buisness = tax deductable! haha irs loves this new online posession stuff.

[Dyfrin|javascript:channelProfile("eq",26510)]
Half-Elf Lyricist
Kawfup

Nbr post: 1
Register: 11/11/01
Posted: 1/13/07, 6:03 PM

LOADING. PLEASE WAIT...

Didn't read all of the posts, too many.

Though I think a 100% increase all at once is a bit much (12 - 25 I'm assuming?), I'll be glad to renew my subscription at that rate once everything that's being promised and promoted is implemented and works.

Until then no thanks. Nothing new here. Was same with EQPlayers, is the same with everything else I subscribe to.

If I don't think it's worth the price I'm asked to pay, I don't pay. If I like the value, I'll gladly pay the asking price.

Kawfup OLoughee
75 Warrior
Bertox
Kaliaila

Nbr post: 66
Register: 12/23/02
Posted: 1/16/07, 10:59 AM

When every single person using Magelo actually utilizes all 3 acounts then and only then will the $2.10 amount be anywhere near accurate. And guess what the people with multiple accounts and EQplayers can see all the stuff for their various accounts too, they just can't customize more than one of them. They still have all the access to the info for their other toons provided they have it set up for other people to see. So again EQplayers is cheaper for what a large number of us want and even was before the price hike.

Hell the only reason I have all 3 accounts used is that I had botted some friend's accounts before and synched them when I did mine.
Windfyre

Nbr post: 12
Register: 12/10/01
Posted: 1/18/07, 2:36 PM

2 bucks a month? 6 cents a day (roughly) is ALOT ?? Your kidding right? Do you think its free for them to host this site? I have my own internet servers and pipes - I know exactly what it costs and its not cheap. What about the time it takes to make the site? Graphics creation? Program creation? Patch updates? Why cant these people make some profit off what they do - is Magelo a charity now?

Dealing with all these anal retentive people on a regular basis should make them raise the price, if you ask me!

I think magelo is far better then EQplayers and its roughly the same price.

No one said you have to pay either. You can still use Magelo without the auto sync and seal.

I will pay my 6 cents a day for this service without a blink.

If you think its too expensive then dont pay it. I can't even fathom the poorest of the poor not being able to scrape an extra 2 bucks a month up for this.

Windfyre
71st Druid - Nameless (other sig is old)

Thanks You,
Elder Windfyre Skii
65th Level Druid
Innoruuk
MWunsch
Premium User

Nbr post: 108
Register: 7/15/03
Posted: 1/19/07, 1:01 AM

I didn't dig through the whole tread now (it's 5:45 AM in the morning and I didn't have sleep this night ), but if I compare the actual service I get for my money with the service from the Magelo 2 era I notice some difference:

In the M2 era Jelan had a "Real life" work beside the Magelo Site so he didn't need the money that much. On the other side a client update after a Everquest patch had a very long delay (sometimes a few days, sometimes weeks).

Since M3 is out, the client updates come much faster after an EQ patch so I suppose Jelan has now more time to work on MU. If he has more time to update the client so I have to suppose further, he has no "real life" job anymore, so his only income is the Magelo fee.
If I do false suppositions, I can live with that .
I for myself have no problem to pay a (nearly) doubled fee for a (more than) doubled service if Jelan implements all planned upcoming features in the near future and on one big site instead of at least two (Magelo and EQRankings).
@ Danielle: I checked the two links you posted with the screenshots. Well ... at this time (Jan 19th, 05:55 AM german time) it seems EQPlayers has caught you in the short time between a death and a rezz (at Jan. 18th) because the gear and inventory slots are completely blank to me.

Regards,
M.Wunsch

Minadin

Nbr post: 69
Register: 1/18/03
Posted: 1/19/07, 12:47 PM

The thing I don't really like, at least about my EQPlayers "Lite" profile, is that, while you can see gear and stuff for free, and it's a nice backup in case a recruit doesn't have magelo or something, it still shows the stats in their completely buffed state, and sometimes usually not even all that accurately.

I think that what upset most people who were upset about the price hike in Magelo, was a) the amount of the price increase (basically doubled) and b) the suddenness / suprise of it. I think that if it had been announced farther in advance you might have seen less people complain, especially if the change had been more gradual. However, since Magelo continues to be such a far superior product to anything else available, it's still worth it for me, so I still pay.